Janome sewing machines are among the best in the market. They have been around for more than a century and have been among the pioneers in the computerized sewing machine, creating cutting-edge technology emulated by others.
Embroidery machines are among the recent innovation in sewing machine technology, and Janome is one of the leaders in developing the latest.
They are so good at it that we will be hard put to decide which is the best Janome embroidery machine; they are all excellent and high-performing.
But still, there are vital differences among them; hence, we need to choose one that may suit your skills and needs.
Our task will not be that difficult, considering they have the best embroidery machines, one of them will surely be worth your attention and consideration.
Here are some of the best Janome embroidery machines which you may like and suit you:
1. Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000: Best Combo
An excellent powerful sewing and embroidery machine, this is the best way to describe this Janome machine.
Sturdy, durable, and reliable, it has 425 built-in stitches, can power the thread into many materials and even thick fabric, it has a speed of up to 1000 stitches per minute.
It also has more than 300 decorative designs, giving you plenty of options for embroidery.
You can have many options concerning this computerized sewing machine, but it can make sewing extremely comfortable with its excellent graphic user interface, which makes for easy navigation and operability.
Among the excellent features are the built-in needle threader and the automatic thread tension control.
It also has an AcuGuide, a fantastic feature that makes feeding material to the sewing machine far more effortless and smoother.
- Very durable, sturdy, and reliable
- The Graphic User Interface makes for easy operability.
- Very powerful and fast, it can sew thread on materials as diverse as cotton, linen, wool, leather, and fur.
- The large throat gives you an excellent, large working embroidery area.
- It provides plenty of stitch options and decorative designs.
- It has 13 one-stop buttonholes.
- Fixing computer parts might be troublesome.
- This Janome machine is pretty expensive
- More suited for advanced users, beginners may have trouble handling it.
Verdict: A very durable sewing and embroidery machine with power and speed, this one can provide you with almost limitless options for design and stitches.
That makes it one of the ideal sewing machines for embroiders, more so for advanced users who want one that is easy to operate and control.
Like any other computerized sewing machine, computer parts, when damaged, may prove to be a nuisance; good thing, though, that this one is durable.
It may be pricey, but considering the performance and those options, it is worth it.
2. Janome MB 7 Embroidery Machine: Best For Advanced Users
Janome MB 7 is a pure embroidery machine, and with imposing features, it can put up with the crafter’s excellent skill and talent.
It is a very advanced sewing machine capable of heavy-duty work and provides a myriad of options for the user, talking about stitches and embroidery designs.
The embroidery machine boasts numerous LED lights, an automatic thread cutter, manual thread tension control, a stitch counter, and three embroidery hoops.
It also has ten monogram fonts and two and three letters for monogramming.
It may not offer that many embroidery designs, having only 50, but it has a USB port that will allow you to upload limitless embroidery designs.
The machine’s memory can save more than a thousand stitches and hundreds of embroidery designs.
- Mighty and durable, pure embroidery machine, with its die-cast aluminum frame.
- It has a large working area, 9.4″ x7.9″.
- It has a large storage memory.
- The 6 LED lamps allow for greater visibility.
- Excellent features, like automatic thread cutter, and others.
- It has a USB port.
- It has a speed of 800 stitches per minute.
- It is multi-language (12 languages)
- The interface is not easy to use.
- The pre-installed 50 embroidery designs are pretty less than what others offer.
- Very heavy at 23 kilos
Verdict: It is hard to argue against its features and what it offers to users and crafters; it could be your ultimate machine. The only thing going against it is the interface’s inherent difficulties and the weight on the sewist.
But talking about performance, durability, and efficiency, it is one of the more formidable embroidery machines Janome has offered in the market. Once the user masters it, it will be smooth sailing in doing embroidery.
3. Janome Memory Craft 500E: Best Overall
Experts consider this the best Janome embroidery machine, pound for pound, and we should add our voice to the chorus.
It has all the excellent features of Janome MB-7 and Janome Horizon Memory 12000, minus the hassle.
Even better, it has other features that make it truly stand out.
It has the power, excellence, and efficiency, but it has a far larger embroidery working area, at 7.9″ x11″.
It has 160 built-in embroidery designs, more than what others offer, has two and three-letter monogramming, and has an excellent speed of 860 stitches per minute.
But this one is more user-friendly and allows easy use, even for beginners and intermediate users.
It has excellent editing features that will enable you to alter decorative designs to your liking, enhancing your artistic tendencies further.
- Excellent features and advanced technology (LED Lighting, editing, etc.)
- Efficiency is excellent and approximates that of an industrial sewing machine.
- Large, wonderful embroidery area
- Sewing speed you can manage and control.
- You can download designs from the net.
- Fast and easy to thread, it saves time.
- At 20 pounds, it is considerably lightweight compared to other embroidery machines.
- It is expensive ($2,399 on Amazon)
Verdict: It nearly has the same features as others, same performance, same excellence, but this one is best overall precisely because it has those things while being considerably lighter and user-friendly.
It is expensive, but again, like with other Janome sewing machines, you get the best out of your money.
4. Janome Memory Craft 350E: Best for Beginners
This one is ideal for beginners, with its 650 stitches per minute speed and a decent embroidery working area of 5.5″ x7.9″. It can deal with most light fabrics, like towels and pillowcases.
With its minimalist features, this one is perfect for those just starting to hone their skills in making decorative stitches and improving their craft.
It has 100 built-in designs, two and 3-letter monogramming, and boasts a built-in needle threader and automatic thread cutter.
The advanced features are excellent, with a backlit LCD, a USB port that allows the user to upload designs, and editing features that allow for proper design sizing.
This one is user-friendly, with features that are just enough not to overwhelm the novice and develop further the user’s embroidery skills.
At around $1,000, this is one of the more affordable Janome embroidery machines, but also very sturdy and durable.
- Excellent advanced technology
- Excellent user-friendly features
- Decent working embroidery area
- Perfect bobbin system, which is ideal for beginners.
- Ideal only for light fabric
- Expensive for a beginner
Verdict: This one is for those just beginning to practice embroidery, trying to hone their skills, and making some decorative designs.
It is not ideal for advanced users, who might prefer one with more advanced features and a larger working embroidery area.
It cannot deal too with tough fabric and heavy materials. As such, it can only be for making designs for those simple clothes, textiles, and garments.
5. Janome Memory Craft 14000 Sewing And Embroidery Machine: Best All-Around Machine
This sewing and embroidery machine is one of the best of all the Janome machines. With a speed of up to 1000 stitches per minute, it also sports 350 embroidery designs, 450 built-in stitches, and has a large embroidery area of 9.1″ x 11.*”.
It has an excellent bobbin and threading system and has awesome advanced technology features.
It has a program for creating and editing stitches, an excellent interface for easy navigation and operation, and an incredible 10 LED lamps for greater visibility.
Overall, this one involves simple and advanced features that make it very easy to use for both intermediate and advanced users. Durable, sturdy, and reliable, this one is the real deal.
There is nothing any crafter or sewist can ask for this machine. If you want to do embroidery for business, you can take a look at this one and seriously consider it.
- Very powerful, durable, and reliable
- Excellent features that make for high-performance.
- Superior advanced technology that makes it easier to use.
- Excellent quality, consistent stitching.
- The best all-around Janome machine, ideal for sewing, quilting, and embroidery.
- It provides a lot of stitch options and embroidery designs for the user.
- Suitable for both intermediate and advanced users.
- This one is a very expensive Janome Machine
Verdict: If you want a machine that can do it all, not just embroidery, and one that has excellently performing, is durable, and provides you with a lot of options, this should be the one.
It is costly, so you have to be serious with embroidery if you want this one. It is best for home business, for it can deal with many fabrics and is for heavy duty.
But before buying an embroidery machine, there are some things you need to remember. Among these are:
Are you buying because you want to make use of your spare time, indulge in your hobby, and show your skills in embroidery?
Or do you want a machine that works efficiently with many sewing projects, doing embroidery as a home business?
It would be best to consider these questions when choosing the embroidery machine suited for you. Each embroidery machine has pros and cons and is different from the rest.
Depending on your use, reason, or purpose, you may need a small or big working embroidery area.
If you buy one for your hobby, decorating light fabrics such as towels, handkerchiefs, or baby clothes, you may not need a vast working area.
But if you are working with large sewing projects, you might need one with a larger working area.
A beginner or inexpensive embroidery machine may not be enough, for they usually come with a small working space.
The embroidery machine is costlier if it has higher quality and more advanced features.
It will not matter if you have a high ceiling for budget, but if you are working with a tight one, you need to balance it with quality.
You may need to sacrifice some aspects, like speed or having other sewing machine accessories. But you must not neglect performance, quality, and even the working area if you need a large one.
The best Janome embroidery machine is the one that perfectly suits you. The one with excellent performance and quality will serve your need but comes at a reasonable price.
The elite embroidery machines come at a high price, while you must sacrifice some aspects if you go for cheaper ones.
Nevertheless, when it comes to Janome sewing machines, you can be sure they perform well and have excellent quality.